The Holy Apostles Greek Orthodox Church, Virginia was established on September 22, 2006 by His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos as the 56th Parish in the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey, which is part of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, in communion with the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
Our approach to the Christian life is the result of the rich heritage of Eastern Orthodox Christian liturgy, theology and spirituality passed on to us by our Holy Fathers for nearly 2000 years.
Our parish sanctifies the faithful through divine worship, especially the Holy Eucharist and other Sacraments, building the spiritual and ethical life of the faithful.
This is accomplished in accordance with the Sacred Tradition of the Church which we have received through the Holy Scriptures, the lives of the saints, and the living history of the Holy Orthodox Church. Our parish serves as a beacon and witness of the message of Christ through divine worship, preaching, teaching, and living of the Orthodox Christian Faith.
Our mission as Greek Orthodox Christians is served in various ways:
1. We offer due worship, praise, and thanksgiving to God the Holy Trinity - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
2. Through God’s Grace, we strive to exist in fellowship with God and one another in Jesus Christ,
3. We welcome Orthodox Christians looking for a church home,
4. We welcome, guide, and encourage all who, in yearning for Jesus Christ, seek to become Orthodox Christians,
5. Through Jesus Christ, we strive to proclaim, teach and live the Orthodox Christian Faith, in all that we think, say, and do.
Ecclessia (Church of Greece)
Neighboring Greek Orthodox Churches - Metropolis of New Jersey